Versatile cutting & digitizing system
Give your business the competitive edge!
The Ioline 350HF is a high-force cutting system designed for decorated apparel, embroidery and light industrial applications.
Take all the benefits of the 300 System, add the ability to cut thicker materials, and you’ve got a powerful and flexible cutting solution in the 350HF.
Like its counterpart, the Ioline 300 System, the 350HF cuts intricate shapes and patterns out of materials as thin as heat-transfer and vinyl, plus has the extra force necessary to cut chenille, scrim felt, leather, soft PVC and other dense materials.
The 350HF is an ideal choice for manufacturing purse handles, shoe straps and insoles, chenille letters for varsity jackets, embellishments for products such as golf bags and pet carriers, and for producing industrial products cut from sheet plastic, fiberglass window screen and similarly dense materials.
The 350HF also produces appliqué and sports lettering from twill, cotton, sequin stretch, leather and a variety of other materials. And, like the 300 System, the 350HF includes the Ioline 301 Software for making sew disks and editing stitches.
If you’ve ever purchased pre-cut letters, then you know how costly it can be.
The Ioline 350HF can help you gain more control over your business and improve your margins.
Read Oak Tree Embroidery’s story to learn how an Ioline decorated apparel cutter can shorten your production process and increase your profits.
Ioline 300 System
If you don’t need to cut chenille, thick leather, industrial or other dense materials, the Ioline 300 System may be a better fit. Except for cutting force, it’s identical to the 350HF. Learn more about the 300 System »
Compare the Ioline 300/350HF to Other Cutters
300 350HF Systems
|Laser Cutter||Die Cutter|
|Knife (blade)||Laser beam||Swing-arm “clicker” press|
Cut quality / accuracy
|Highly accurate Clean cuts, smooth curves.||Highly accurate Clean cuts, smooth curves. May singe or discolor edges of fabric. PVC in fabric causes problems with optics. Laser wattage is critical to cutting power. Less expensive, under-powered lasers are unable to cut some materials and fabrics of certain colors. This is because a laser beam is made up of light and thus can reflect light when striking certain colors, thereby reducing cutting strength.||Less accurate Clean cuts, smooth curves. Material can slip, resulting in distorted cuts and approximately 15% waste.|
|High Easy and inexpensive to create custom designs.||High Easy and inexpensive to create custom designs.||Limited Very expensive to create custom designs. Must purchase a new die for each design.|
|Yes Up to 9 layers||Possible with some models Fabric color can impact cut quality. Laser beam must be adjusted before cutting each layer, adding production time.||No|
|18 x 30 in
61 x 92 cm
|16 x 12 in* 41 x 31 cm * Larger sizes available at higher price points||12 x 12 in* 31 x 31 cm * Larger sizes available at higher price points|
|24 x 36 x 12 in
(61 x 114 x 31 cm)
|15 x 19 x 4 in and larger
(37 x 48 x 10 cm)
|19 x 12 x 13 in and larger
48 x 31 x 33 cm
Hourly production capacity (throughput)
|700 3″ letter “E”s||Varies by manufacturer, laser power and available cutting area||Varies by manufacturer|
|Included free 301 digitizing software||None||None|
Stitch editing capabilities
Sew disk capabilities
Approx. retail cost
|$5,995/$6,795||$10,000 – $75,000
(plus cost of building modifications & ventilation system to meet safety codes).
|$3,000 – $12,500 and up|
Approx. installation costs
|None Installation is identical to that of an office printer and thousands of dollars less expensive than a laser cutter to install and maintain.||Varies Air filter kit ($2,000 – $3,000) or building modifications (typically $200 – $500) required for ventilation to exhaust dangerous fumes; $300 to $1,500 for inside filters; Installation of a regulated power source, Class I safety enclosure for CO2 laser beam; Class 3R for red laser pointer.||None|
Approx. cost of digitizing software
|FREE||$2,500 – $9,000||$2,500 – $9,000|
Approx. cost of design software (optional for producing custom vector art)
|$100 – $700||$100 – $700||$100 – $700|
Approx. periodic service costs
|None||$800 to $7,000 to replace laser tube with an average of $2,500 (every 3-5 years, typically)
Other periodic maintenance: lens adjustment, weekly lens optics cleaning to remove residue caused
by fumes; Belts and bearings serviced every 6 to 18 months. Replacement filters: $200 – $300.
|Cost varies Periodic sharpening and replacement of dies as they wear out. A 3-inch letter “E” runs about $60 for the die.|
Approx. other Costs
|Blades ($15 ea.), Sticky Sheets ($13 ea.),
Optional Backing for Light Materials ($3 per yd.)
|Learn in an hour||3 to 5 days initial training; 90 days to get fully up to speed.||Learn in a few hours.|
Gain control over lead time & margins No excess inventory. More profit.
350HF System Features
Customers love the look of appliqué for its original and eye-catching appearance. Now you can create custom letters, decorative apparel graphics or industrial products affordably in your shop using the Ioline 350HF System.
- Cuts a wide variety of materials
- The 350HF System cuts virtually any fabric up to .16 in (4 mm) thick to enhance corporate, promotional, team and custom products (see sample list below). Loosely woven fabrics, 4-way stretch or materials that fray easily may require an adhesive backing for stability. If there’s any concern, Ioline is happy to cut samples prior to purchase. Simply contact Customer Service to arrange to submit swatches for testing.
- 3M® reflectives
- 3M Diamond Grade Reflective Conspicuity Sheeting (only on the 350HF)
- Cottons: plaids, seersucker, prints
- Faux fur
- Flame Resistant Reflective Sheeting (only on the 350HF)
- Fleece (up to 7 oz)
- Gasket material
- Gorilla Grip®
- Heat-transfer film
- Leather (thin)
- Nylon mesh
- Oil board
- Oil cloth
- Orafol Reflectives (only on the 350HF)
- Poly/Spandex (with or w/out sequins)
- Plastic (thin)
- Synthetic window screen
- Tag board
- Thermo-GRIP II®
- Twill: poly, metallic, designer lamay, glacier
- Vinyl: sign, marine grade, calendar, high-performance
- Large cutting area
- Designed for high production output.
- 18 x 30 inch (46 x 76 centimeter) cutting tray.
- Cut one copy or many: the 350HF System quickly determines how many copies will fit on the tray and helps you control waste.
- Cut material up to about one-half inch from each edge.
- High hourly throughput
- 3-in letters: 700 pieces / hour
- 4-in letters: 600 pieces / hour
- 6-in letters: 500 pieces / hour
- Works with all major embroidery systems
- Create your own sew disks. The 350HF System produces outline stitch instructions for:
- Barudan® (.DAT, .0UI)
- Brother® (.DST)
- Happy® (.DST)
- Melco® (.EXP)
- SWF® (.SWF)
- Tajima® (.DST)
- Toyota® (.TOY)
- and others…
- Create designs in just 5 easy steps:
- STEP 1:
Select a stock design or create your own in a vector-based drawing program (e.g. Adobe Illustrator®, CorelDRAW!® or embroidery software). For kiss-cut graphics, place all pieces to be cut from the same fabric layer on its own digital “layer”. Optimize for appliqué by removing unneeded “nodes” ( “points”) along each line segment.
- STEP 2:
Import the design into Ioline’s 301 Software and select the number of copies you wish to cut. As you would on an office printer, set your margins.
- STEP 3:
Cut the design on the 350HF System cutter.
- STEP 4
(For heat-transfer, skip to Step 5):
Create outline stitch sew instructions with 301 Software. Choose placement, tack-down, zigzag, satin or bean outline stitches. Set stitch density, width and edge overlap. Import into your embroidery. Set any fill stitches.
- STEP 5:
Heat-press your transfer designs onto a garment or finished good—or sew placement stitches using the instructions created by 301 Software, then position your appliqué graphic and stitch it in place with the decorative stitches specified on the sew disk.
- STEP 1:
- Improve customer service
- Encourage repeat business and turn your customers into evangelists. Word-of-mouth advertising is the best promotion you can get. With the Ioline 350HF System, you can offer:
- Greater choice
- More interesting designs
- Easy customization
- Cost-effective samples while customers wait
- No minimums
- Faster delivery
- Make more profit $$
- Cut your costs and improve margins.
- Reduce your per piece cost on pre-cut graphics (for instance, tackle twill runs about 2 cents per square inch). A 350HF can save over $10,000 per year if all of your lettering and sew disks are currently outsourced.
- Save stitches, reduce trims and color changes.
- Increase output/hour and finish more jobs in a day.
- Eliminate the expense of sew disks.
- Reduce excess inventory. Don’t be forced to buy packages of multiples. Cut only what you need.
- Spend less on materials and production time, charge more for finished goods. Customers are willing to pay a premium for appliqué.
- Double your output
- Appliqué can reduce production time by as much as two-fold or more. A typical 25 sweatshirt job with letters cut on a 350HF System can save two hours compared to the same embroidery-only design.
- Replace stitches with fabric and finish more goods per hour.
- Use adhesive-backed materials to sandwich or “kiss-cut” multiple layers as one graphic, assuring accurate positioning and reducing the time required to heat press or sew down.
- Reduce trims and color changes by replacing thread colors with appliqué.
- Includes digitizing software
- The 350HF System comes with a free, easy-to-use digitizing program. Use 301 Software to import and cut designs, edit stitches and create sew disks. Stitch editing capabilities include:
- Move, convert jump to trim, add or delete lock stitches.
- Specify placement, tack-down, zigzag or satin outline stitches.
- Set stitch density, width and edge overlap.
- Specify top or bottom start point.
- Design software compatibility
- Adobe Illustrator®
- Requirements: A PC running Windows® 7, 8, or 10.
- Connectivity: Plugs into a PC just like an office printer-via serial or USB port.
- Installation requirements
- The compact 350HF System fits easily into studio spaces.
- Footprint: 24 in deep x 36 in wide (61 cm x 92 cm). Requires 9 inches of clearance in front and back of machine for unobstructed tray movement.
- Architectural considerations: None. Power requirements are lower than that for a PC. Unlike die cutters and laser cutters, there’s no need to modify your building nor install ventilation to meet safety regulations. Installation is as easy as hooking up a new printer.
- Sticky sheets: Adhesive sheets hold material in place for cutting. Lint build up can be washed off with warm water to extend sheet life.
- Blades: Durable, carbon-tip blades assure clean cuts and smooth curves. Blade depth adjusts to handle materials of varying thicknesses.
- There’s relatively little to maintain on the 350HF System.
- NO Lubrication: No oiling or grease required. Simply wipe dust and lint off the machine periodically.
- NO Spray adhesives:Never spray adhesives near the 350HF System, as the aerosol can drift inside the system and cause damage.
- Blades: Use a can of compressed air to remove lint build-up around the blade.
- Sticky sheets: Use soap and water to periodically clean off lint. Once one side of the sheet looses its tackiness, flip it over to use the opposite side. Felt and other loose-fiber materials impact sheet life more than twill and other tightly woven fabrics.
350HF System Specifications
|Cutting Area||46 cm x 76 cm||18 in x 30 in|
Requires 9 inch clearance front and back for tray movement.
|61 cm x 92 cm||24 in x 36 in|
|Height||31 cm||12 in|
|Width||114 cm||45 in|
|Depth||61 cm||24 in|
|Weight||34 kg||75 lbs|
|Cuttable materials||Virtually any fabric up to .16 in (4 mm) thick, including:
|Consumables||Sticky sheets (ultra-light, light, medium, super-tack), blades (#324 for light materials, #325 for general-purpose materials, #326 for thicker materials)|
|Throughput||3 in letters: 700 pieces/hour
4 in letters: 600 pieces/hour
6 in letters: 500 pieces/hour
|Line thickness||Thin, normal, thick|
|Connectivity||Connects to PC via serial or USB port|
|Power requirements||Universal power supply
90–264VAC, 47–66 Hz
(Meets CE specifications)
|301 Software||(Included with 350HF System)|
|Operating system||Windows® 7, 8, or 10|
|Stitch editing capabilities||
|Sew disk capabilities||
|Design software compatibility||
…and other other embroidery and
These products are used with the Ioline 350HF sports lettering, appliqué, and Chenille fabric cutting system.
In their own words
300 and 350HF System owners describe experiences with their Ioline cutter
I am experiencing great success with my Ioline cutter and having a record-breaking month. I’ve sold so many sweatshirts, cheer uniforms, jackets-it’s crazy. Tackle twill just sells itself. They’re buying these sweats in the middle of the worst heat wave we have had in years! THANK GOD I have a few weeks till I have to deliver.
Our 300 is a great asset to our company. It has opened a lot of doors for us. We have owned it for 7 or 8 years and nothing has gone wrong.
The Ioline has sure been effective in creating excitement in appliqué and tackle twill—seeing is believing.
I purchased the Ioline system because I wanted to be able to cut my own appliqué. I wanted more control after one company wasted most of my $30/yd. fabric.
We are excited to have added the 350 to our equipment line. In just after two hours of setup and training, we started producing very nice quality apparel.
I do tons of baseball jerseys and I use the heck out of it (300 machine).
It’s the best investment I ever made.
Learning the Ioline cutter software is a breeze. I was cutting the day the equipment arrived. It’s the only piece of equipment that I’ve purchased that does exactly what they say it will do and is easy to learn and operate.
The Ioline is great! We use it every day.
My 300 is great! I let it run all the time, I really do not know how you can make money without one.
The cutter is of excellent quality and it’s allowing me to provide a unique product in my area.
Cut our delivery time from one week to hours.
I make more money with the Ioline than with my embroidery machine. I cut the design and slap it on while people wait. They love that I can do whatever they want.
The Ioline Cutter* works great – we love it. We’re also excited about the auto-stitching feature.
We get better results with the Ioline 300 Cutter* than with a laser or waterjet.”
It has cut my expenses in half. Now I don’t have to wait for orders, or worry whether they’re right or not.
Well worth the investment. Stands up to anything we throw at it.
We do a lot of shirts with big 6-7 inch round bowling balls. Embroidery adds a lot of stitches, but the 300 lowers the stitch count and adds interest to the shirt. It also saves time doing embroidery.
The Ioline 300 is a workhorse!
I have owned my Ioline for about 3 years and, likewise, do not digitize. I only use the Ioline to cut letters for tackle twill which are created in Corel Draw then exported to the Ioline software for cutting and creating a stitch file. The Ioline works great and for me was one of the best business investments I have made. I figure it paid for itself in about 6 months!
I LOVE my Ioline. The cut twill numbers make me the most money of anything that I do, so I am glad I bought it at the beginning and didn’t wait. I am doing 222 jerseys right now.
Aside from the twill-embellished sweatshirts, this is my favorite work. It’s demanding, but I’m getting fast, and everything I create looks great.
We’ve eliminated the time spent waiting for pieces cut by an outside supplier, enabling us to get jobs others have to turn down.
The Ioline Cutter* has increased our bottom line significantly.
It’s been one of the best investment decisions I’ve made! The more I have the cutter in my shop, the more I realize what I can accomplish with it. With the the amount of Twill we do, in combination with embroidery, the cutter was well worth the investment.”
My Ioline 300 just keeps making great products.
I love my machine. I’m covered with new contract work as well as school logo appliqué work. The 300 System cuts so much faster than I ever thought possible.
I love my appliqué cutter- It is a little workhorse- Saves me money from buying at Stahl’s– It has really helped profit margins.